In Down-Town Language School has an established code of practice. To ensure its full realisation, the School has an excellent student services team, and you can get help in the process of:



Estonia is a full Member State of the European Union (EU) and the Schengen area. It means that those visitors who arrive from other Schengen countries do not need an additional visa to enter Estonia. Nationals of the EU, EEA, United States, Canada, Australia and New Zealand, in addition to further countries, do not need a visa to visit Estonia.

Our School’s Country Managers in your localities will assist you regarding the visa requirements to enter Estonia in your particular case.



Q. Can I get a visa to study and / or visit Estonia?

A. Please visit the Estonian Ministry of Foreign Affairs website for information on visa requirements for different nationalities. []

Q. Can I study on a visitor visa?

A. You may study up to 16 weeks on a visitor visa, and you are able to study either full time or part time.

Q. Can I work part time on a student visa?

A. No.

Q. Can I work while I study?

A. Depending on your passport, you may work if you have a Working Holiday or under certain range of conditions.

Q. What kinds of accommodation options does In Down-Town Language School offer?

A. We would like to offer two types of accommodation; homestay and apartment accommodation. In homestays, you have your own room and live with homestay hosts in their homes. In apartment accommodation, you have your own room and bathroom, and share a kitchen with other students and travellers. See more on our website under ‘Accommodation’.

Q. What is homestay accommodation like?

A. Our homestay hosts range from individuals and couples to families with children, and, since Tallinn is not a big city, most homestays live on average 20-30 minutes from the School using public transport. Should you have any particular food requirements or allergic reactions on something, it is imperative to let us know – it will help us to place you with appropriate hosts.

Q. How am I going to be travelling between my homestay and the School?

A. There is an exceptionally good as well as diverse public transport system in the Estonian capital city. We try to use only homestays who are located within short distances of a bus stop or, in rare cases, train stations.

Q. What does an apartment accommodation look like?

A. We place our students at apartments supervised by a reputable real estate agency. The rooms are with basic gas- or electricity-based cooking facilities, in addition to a microwave and a fridge.

Q. Does In Down-Town Language School provide an airport pick up service?

A. Yes, of course. This service is provided free of any charge.

Q. How can I pay for my chosen courses and accommodation?

A. The School’s most preferable option for students to pay their fees is through an international bank transfer. however there are other electronic payment methods available for your convenieance. All the necessary information to make a payment will be included on your invoice from the School.